Saturday, September 17, 2011

Memory Lane Part 2: Girl Sweaters



In my last post, I indulged in a little reminiscing about sweaters I've knit for my boys that they've now outgrown. Now it's time for Part 2, where I give a last look at the sweaters (and other items) I made for my girls in years past.


I had so much fun passing these on to a friend with a brand new daughter. It felt like Santa Claus in September! The "oohs" and "aahs" she and her mother gave over each one were extremely gratifying, of course, but the greatest pleasure was knowing that these products of my love-filled labor will not spend years gathering dust in a closet. I hope she will do as I suggested and pass them on to another new little one when they have been outgrown once again. The thought of these sweaters being loved many times truly warms my heart!


Every once in a while I find myself in a knitting "slump", when I don't have a desire to pick up the needles much at all. Going through these knitted memories, however, was enough to keep my creative batteries charged up for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment