Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Progress Report

About a month has passed since I first decided to begin my 2011 "Yarn Out" Challenge. I feel it is time for a monthly progress report on my goals. Here goes!

Stash Goals
  • No yarn in. As you can see by my counter in the sidebar, I am doing great!
  • Catalog stash in Ravelry. Done! I LOVE being able to "shop my stash" from the computer. Glad I finally made the effort to do this!
  • Catalog patterns in Ravelry. Nearly done. I have entered all the books and leaflets that are linked in the Ravelry library. I didn't see a way to add single patterns that I own to my personal library, so I'm having to be a little more creative with this one and it's going to take some more time.
  • Keep a project queue on Ravelry. I have been doing this, and it works great for me to remember what I want to create.
  • Use up oddballs and leftovers. This will be a continuing goal. I am currently working on clothes for my daughter's 18" dolls.
Gift-giving Goals
  • Create a gift for each baby born in my local church this year. So far, so good! I've completed four, and have projects queued for the next three I know about. The trick will be to keep on top of the baby news!
  • Knit at least one sweater for my husband and each of my children. I am about halfway through a sweater for my husband--I'm planning for that project to take about two more weeks. (Largest one done first!) I have projects queued for two of my children, but have yet to decide on what to make for the other two.
  • Knit at least three new items for myself. I have the yarn and patterns all ready to go. The hard part on this one will be choosing to work on something for me once in a while!
  • Create at least three random gifts. I have a couple of ideas for this one, but have not decided on anything concrete. (I do know who one of the recipients will be for sure, but am still deciding on the perfect project.)
Articulating my goals and "reporting" to others about them through this blog has worked as a great motivator for me. I feel great about my progress so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment