Thursday, March 03, 2011

Baby Gift #6: A Boy Vest

IMG_2482

Here is another baby gift completed, which brings my 2011 total up to 6 so far. I am currently working on a pullover for my oldest son ("Finally, Mom!"), but then I have two more baby sweaters (one for a boy and one for a girl) that need to be completed this month. I feel great about staying on top of this goal!

The above vest is one I come back to over and over again--I've made it several times in different yarns and sizes. (My younger son has grown through two of them--time for another!) The original pattern has a smaller neck opening and buttons on one shoulder, but I prefer the ease of a larger opening with no buttons to fiddle with. It's called the Oz Vest by Louisa Harding {Ravelry link}, from her book Natural Knits for Babies and Moms. Hope the recipient's parents will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment