Friday, May 13, 2011

The Reincarnation of Blankie

IMG_2591


So, I guess it's been a while since I posted. That doesn't mean, however, that my needles have been still. In fact, I have quite a backlog of projects to show off here! The first is "Take 2" of B's special "Blankie". (If you don't know the backstory on this, you'll want to read this post.)

I finished Blankie II on our trip to Utah at the beginning of April. (I even had just enough yarn left over to knit a miniature blanket for his stuffed animals.) B was very complimentary--"That looks awesome, Mom!" and even, "It's so soft and snuggly, Mom!" However, he was not ready to give up Blankie-the-First quite yet. We managed to convince him to sleep with both the old and the new, and discussed the sad truth of having to say goodbye to the original when we returned home.

All during the drive back home, he held tight to his old blanket. I was very concerned that the transition was going to be too painful. However, the moment we arrived home, B surprised us all by walking into the house and immediately throwing "Old Blankie" in the trash! Since then, he has wholeheartedly embraced "New Blankie". Whew! Crisis averted!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad!!! :) I've been wondering how Blankie, Take 2, has been going; the blankie I'm working on is moving considerably slower than New Blankie, LOL! So happy for your little guy to be so thrilled with New Blankie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Krista! Good luck on your blankie project, too! ("Just keep knitting, just keep knitting . . ." :) )

    ReplyDelete